There are so many things to consider when buying a new static caravan. Often it will be one of the largest purchases a person will make in their lifetime so, making the right decision is imperative to having a great holiday home experience! There are endless results on google in fact the term ‘Static Caravan,’ gains over three million results. Making things a lot harder to decide on where to even begin in buying a new static caravan.
We’ve put together some tips and advice on what to look out for when buying a static caravan, it’s actually surprisingly easy!
Forget about pricing and the logistical side
Firstly, think about where you want to be? Choosing a park is probably the most important factor in this decision. As it’s a long term lifestyle investment you need to love the location and feel of the park itself. A few things you may wish to consider when looking for your perfect park is:
- The travel time for you, friends and family, you want your holiday to be stress free so think about how far you wish to travel to the park from your home?
- How many visit will you make to your caravan each year?
- What facilities, activities and attractions are in the local area?
- What plot sizes are available?
Take your time finding a park; ask questions and dedicate some time to go and visit parks, meet with a member of the team I’m sure they’ll be happy to show you around and to answer any questions.
Decide on a Budget
Static caravans can come in all different sizes and variations, it’s only when you have chosen a location that you can begin to look into finding your static caravan. So, the next thing you probably need to think about is your budget. There are a few things to consider when it comes to the ongoing and outgoing costs that will be on top of purchasing the actual static caravan itself. Ask yourself these questions;
- How much will site fees be? – The rental paid to the holiday park for keeping your caravan on their land.
- Insurance? – What will the costs be to cover any repairing or replacing if the caravan is damaged?
- Gas and Electric? – How many people are there? How often will it be used?
Choose your caravan
This is the exciting stage! So, you’ve found your location, you’ve discussed the potential budget and now you are ready to choose the caravan itself. The longer you plan to spend in your caravan, the more important features like the kitchen and bathroom facilities become.
When buying new, you’re almost certain to enjoy the advances in design and technology that are available not to mention the vast choice in static caravans. So, where do you begin in choosing? Our advice would be to look at:
- How many people are likely to be staying at one time? This will affect how many beds you need and ultimately decide the layout for you. Some have fold- out double beds in the lounge which will be useful if you are hoping to have further friends stay. These can be good in saving space!
- Are you wanting basic or luxury interior? – This will depend on budgeting. However, we advise to think about how long you will be spending inside, do you need luxury if you are going to spending it exploring the area?
Here at Retreat Caravan Park, we offer fantastic park facilities in our generously spaced pitches. If you’d like to get in touch regarding our current caravans or lodges for sale, please call 01278 795006 or visit our contact page.