With the summer holidays approaching, many of us are getting ready to open the doors to our static caravans for the hot months. For those of us who haven’t visited our static caravan for a while, some cleaning is probably going to be needed! Regular cleaning can help to get rid of any bugs and germs, keep vermin away and prolong the life of your furnishings, fixtures and fittings.
Whether you’re looking for some tips on keeping your static caravan spotless and beautiful all year round or need help on one big clean, we can help!
- We’d advise cleaning and tidying one room at a time. Once you see one room revamped and freshened it will inspire you to carry on!
- Remember those hard to reach places like blinds; try attaching a cloth to a ruler to clean tricky places!
- A top trick for removing limescale from a kettle is squeezing in lemon juice, adding cold water and leaving it to stand for half an hour.
- Use window cleaner or a weak white vinegar solution to clean any grubby marks from the insides of windows.
- As you clean, make a list of any necessary repairs you should undertake soon. You can go back to them later or tick them off as you go.
- Give your bathroom and kitchen a good clean. Remember the insides of your fridge; antibacterial wipes are great to use here.
- Finish off with a quick spritz of air freshener and fresh, clean sheets on the beds.
- Have a look at the guttering and ensure it is free of any fallen leaves or debris. If possible, wash the gutter with a hosepipe.
- Give any doors, windows, skirting areas and vents a thorough wash and ensure you have removed all debris, leaves, twigs and unwanted animal nests.
- Give the exterior of the caravan a wash and polish all over. You can contact an experienced cleaning company to help you if you are less able.
- Remember the roof of your caravan; rinse it with water to loosen any dirt or debris that has got stuck.
- Wash the exterior of windows with a soft cloth and water. Car windscreen cleaner can help to get your windows sparkling!
- As with the interior, make note of any repairs that may need doing in the future.
Whilst cleaning can get boring, try and make it a fun job that will prepare you for seasons worth of relaxation in your static caravan. Why not get the whole family involved to speed up the cleaning process?
If you want your own static caravan holiday home for summer 2018, take a look at our pre-owned holiday homes available now. For more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch with a member of the team by visiting our contact page or by giving us a call on 01278 795006.