Top 3 Quick & Easy Static Caravan Recipes
The great thing about most modern static caravans is that they come with fully-equipped kitchens. Though they may be smaller than you’re used to, cooking should be just as easy as you find it at home. However, being on holiday you’re going to want quick, easy and simply delicious meals to make for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We’ve put together our favourites.
Take some eggs with you on your static caravan holiday or buy them fresh when you get to your destination. These will be able to last you all week and provide you with a range of delicious breakfasts. You’ll need additional ingredients too, but you and your guests can choose from an omelette, scrambled, fried and poached eggs, so there’s something for everyone!
Why not locate a farm shop or butchers and try some of the local ingredients for the perfect holiday fry up?
Soup is a great choice for lunch and can keep you going on colder days! Red lentil, chickpea and chilli soup is a heart-warming dish that’s easy to cook in a static caravan, healthy, filling and budget friendly. Best of all, it takes around 10 minutes to prep and only 25 minutes to cook. Remember to pack a blender or food processor for this one!
- 850ml vegetable stock, or water
- 400g canned tomatoes
- 200g carton of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 140g red split lentils
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon 0% Greek yoghurt
- Large pinch of chilli flakes
- Small bunch of coriander
- Heat a large saucepan and dry-fry the cumin seeds and chilli flakes for one minute
- Add the oil and onion and cook for five minutes
- Stir in the lentils, vegetable stock or water and the canned tomatoes
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the lentils have softened
- Put the mixture in a blender or food processor until it has reached a puree consistency
- Pour the soup back into the saucepan and add the chickpeas
- Heat the soup gently and season as desired
- Serve the soup with fresh coriander leaves and some Greek yoghurt
Arguably the most exciting and fulfilling meal of the day, your holiday dinners should be wholesome, delicious and quick to prepare. If you’re looking for something more interesting than canned hotdogs or cheese on toast, you should try your hand at making pizza from scratch! Our recipe makes two pizzas to feed four, so double the ingredients as needed. This is the perfect dinner for veggies and meat eaters, just decide on the toppings yourself.
- 300g strong bread flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Put the flour into a bowl and stir in the yeast and salt
- Make a well within the flour and pour in 200ml warm water with the olive oil
- Bring the mixture together until you have reached a soft, wet dough
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for five minutes
- Cover the dough with a tea towel and set aside
- 100ml passata
- 1 crushed garlic glove
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- Mix the ingredients together and season as desired
- Leave to stand at room temperature
- 125g ball mozzarella
- Handful of grated parmesan
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Other toppings as desired (pepperonis, spinach, peppers, chicken etc)
- Heat the oven to 240C/ Fan 220C/ Gas Mark 8
- Split the dough into two balls and roll out thinly on a floured surface
- Place the pizza bases on a floured baking sheet
- Smooth the sauce over the bases and scatter toppings
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until crispy
If you would like more information on holidaying with us here at Retreat Caravan Park you can get in touch by calling us on 01278 795006 or via our contact page.